- Have you always dreamed of living in Chicago, Illinois? Are you thinking about leaving Denver, Colorado and moving to Chicago? Being one of the most important cities in the country, Chicago really offers numerous opportunities and a high quality of life, so you have definitely made the right choice. But, in spite of the fact that you can’t wait to start living there, the chances are you are somewhat anxious about the relocation process alone. You do know that you need the assistance of professional Denver movers in order to complete this tiresome and complex process, but, the question is: where do you find a reliable Denver movers that can take care of this? The answer is quite simple – right here. You have just found East Coast West Coast Express, which means you should no longer worry about planning your relocation, as our long distance movers are here to help you make and realize that plan and go through all this stress-free.
Moving from Denver, Colorado to Chicago, Illinois with East Coast West Coast Express
Our moving company offers top-notch moving services, including residential moving, corporal moving, professional packing, storage services etc. Our long distance movers also offer affordable auto transport, which provide you with a convenient and safe way to transport your car to your new home. So, whether you want to move your house, your business, your car, or you want us to take care of packing boxes for moving, we can help you. We have long experience in the business, so we know that sometimes things just don’t go according to plan and something can come up and slow down your moving into your new house, so we are prepared for those kinds of situations. Thus, we also provide you with specially designed storage units, so in case you need to store your belongings for some time, we will keep all your items safe for as long as you need. And that’s not all – this service is free of charge for the first thirty days. If you need any additional information before you schedule your moving day, you can always call us and ask anything you want, we are at your disposal.
Now, before you give us a ring, read on to learn a little bit more about the city that you are moving to – Chicago, Illinois.
About Chicago, Illinois
- Located in northeastern Illinois on the southwestern shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is the largest and one of the most important cities in the U.S. state of Illinois. There are over 2.7 million people who call Chicago home, which makes it the most populous city in the state and the third-most populous in the United States (after New York and Los Angeles). The city has a strong economy and due to this, it is considered the major business center both in Illinois and the country overall.
Chicago was founded in 1833 and incorporated as a city soon afterward, in 1837. Today, it is the center of Chicago metropolitan area which counts 10 million residents. It is an international hub for industry, commerce, technology, finance etc. It also ranks as the most visited city in the world, as it boasts various interesting and highly important places to visit. Over the course of time, Chicago played a pivotal role in American economic and cultural history, so the city itself has a rich and colorful history. In case you’re interested in learning something about the history of Chicago, follow this link.
The People of Chicago, Illinois
- As already said, Chicago has 2.7 million residents, which is a significantly higher number compared to the population of your current city, as there are 682,545 people who live in Denver. As for the racial composition, white residents account for 45% of the population, African Americans for 32.9%, while the number of other races is quite low. For instance, Asians make up only 5.5% of the overall number of residents. The great majority of people who live in Chicago are religious, with 71% of Christians, while 22% of the population claims no religious affiliation.
The Climate of Chicago, Illinois
- When it comes to the weather in Chicago, here’s what you should know before you move there. Unlike Denver’s semi-arid climate, the climate of Chicago is humid continental, which means that the summers are normally warm to hot, but can also be quite humid, while winters are usually cold and you should expect lots of snow. Both spring and autumn are mild and experience a low level of humidity. The hottest month of the year is July, while January is the coldest.
Where to live in Chicago, Illinois
- Another important thing to check before moving (especially when you’re moving to such a huge city) is which part of it exactly you should move to according to your needs. To help you make this decision, we have made a short list of a couple of best neighborhoods in Chicago.
What to do in Chicago, Illinois
- As for the numerous wonderful places in this magnificent city, we can only tell you it will definitely take you a while to see everything that interests you, as there will be so many such places. Take a look at the following list of only several must-visit places in Chicago.
We believe you are now ready to get your relocation process started, so don’t waste any more time, but contact our representatives and set the moving day. East Coast West Coast Express are just the Denver movers to help you to move to Chicago, so feel free to call us anytime you want and let us know when you want our professional long distance movers to get down to business.