- Moving can be tricky. There are a lot of things you should think about at the same time, so many people opt for hiring a professional moving company to do the hard work for them. However, a lot of first-time home movers who still haven’t established a trustworthy relationship with professional movers are in two minds about letting someone else handle their valuables. That is why we at East Coast West Coast Express believe that it is crucial to inform all our clients about the insurance options they will be given once they hire us.
Moving Insurance with East Coast West Coast Express
We Have Got You Covered
- The first thing you should know is that, with us, all your belongings are insured from the moment our professional movers lay their hands on them first, until they are all safely delivered to your front door and unpacked by our personnel. But what does that actually mean?
- Once you hire us as your moving helpers, you are automatically granted our basic insurance package. That means that every single item we pack and transport is insured at a rate of $0.60 per pound of weight. So, let’s say you are transporting a 20lb chair that somehow gets broken during transport. In this unlikely event, East Coast West Coast Express is required to reimburse 20 x 0.60 = $12. While this might not seem like much, keep in mind that accidents like the one described happen extremely rarely. However, a portion of our customers use our services to transport items of great value, sentimental or monetary. In addition, some of those items may be very fragile. In such cases, or if you simply believe that you can’t put a price tag on peace of mind, we advise our clients to purchase third-party insurance. Our suggestion is the Insurance Company that allows you to fill out an application online and obtain your additional insurance within minutes.
- Keep in mind that insurance, be it basic or third-party, only applies to personal belongings such as household items, furniture, office equipment, and so on. East Coast West Coast Express, or any other professional moving company, is not allowed to take responsibility for items of high monetary value, such as cash, documents of significant value, or expensive jewelry. We recommend that you keep such items with you and transport them yourself. They usually do not add a lot to the overall weight of your baggage, so you should be able to board a plane with them.
- In the unlikely event that your belongings suffer damage or disappear during transport, East Coast West Coast Express will do everything in our power to make sure you receive reimbursement. Once you notice a problem, you are required to discuss the matter with your designated mover on the spot and together determine the cause of damage. In case our staff is at fault, we will assess the damage and reimburse the amount previously agreed upon. The payment will take place on the spot by our representatives.
- However, if you are unable to agree on the value of the damaged item and the reimbursement amount, you are required to pay the full price of the moving process, and file a complaint afterwards. While this might seem odd, it is important to note that insurance regulations deem damage claims valid only if the service has been paid for. Once the claim has been made, East Coast West Coast Express will compensate for the damaged items.
- Do you have any additional questions? Then feel free to contact East Coast West Coast Express customer service, and they will gladly provide you with more information regarding moving insurance, as well as car shipping insurance. Feel free to ask for any other details you need, such as more information about our services, including:
- We are looking forward to helping you begin a new chapter of your life.
- Sincerely, East Coast West Coast Express.