- Do you think you’re ready to make a huge change in your life such as moving to another state? Are you thinking about moving from Boston, Massachusetts to San Diego, California? You couldn’t have chosen better! Being one of the major cities in California, San Diego is a wonderful place to live in and it offers a wide range of opportunities to its residents. However, getting there might be an issue. Once they choose the city they want to move to, many people find it hard to find reliable Boston movers which can help them go through the relocation process. Luckily for you, you don’t have to worry about that, as you have just found one of the best moving companies which can help you have a stress-free relocation. When you hire East Coast West Coast Express, you can relax and let the professional Boston movers do their job.
Moving from Boston, Massachusetts to San Diego, California with East Coast West Coast Express
Our long distance movers can provide you give you moving tips, moving checklists and moving supplies to help you to pack your things and plan out your move. We can help you whether you are moving a house,business or need auto transport services and we can make sure that all of your things are kept safe during your relocation.
Our long distance moving company has a lot of experience in the business and our professional long distance movers and helpers are really professional and can help you to move to and from anywhere in the country, so you shouldn’t worry about the quality of the services we provide you with. We can provide you with auto transport services which can help you move your vehicle to your new home in an affordable and safe way. Another thing that you don’t have to worry about are eye-watering prices which could make you not want to move at all, as we offer you affordable moving prices. Our long distance movers are at your disposal anytime – all you need to do is contact our representatives and set the moving day. Needless to say, if you need any additional information, feel free to ask.
However, before you actually grab your phone and give us a ring, we believe you should learn something about the city you will call home soon enough, so read on to see what we have prepared for you. Here are some general pieces of information about San Diego, California.
About San Diego, California
- Located on the coast of Pacific Ocean in Southern California, San Diego is one of the state’s major cities. There are 1,394,928 people who call San Diego home, which makes it the second most populous city in California and the eighth most populous in the United States. It is the seat of San Diego County, the fifth-most populous county in the country. The city is popularly known as “the birthplace of California” because it was the first part of the state that Europeans settled in the 18th century.
San Diego was founded in 1769 and it was incorporated as a city in 1850. At first, it was just a small town and it remained one for several decades, but then in the 1880s, it started developing rapidly, mostly due to many military facilities which were established at the time. Its development was also notable during World War II. Today, the city is highly developed with respect to many areas, so we can’t blame the high number of people who choose to move there. If you’re interested in learning something about San Diego’s history and you want to know what it took to build the city we know today, follow this link.
The People of San Diego, California
- As previously mentioned, the number of people who live in San Diego is rather high and it has only been growing over the past couple of decades. For instance, in 1980, the city had a population of 875,538, while today it counts 1,394,928 residents. White residents account for 58.9%, Asians for 15.9%, while African Americans make up only 6.7% of the population. As for religion, almost 70 percent of the residents are Christians, while 27 percent claim no religious affiliation.
The Climate of San Diego, California
- Unlike Boston’s humid subtropical climate, the climate of San Diego is semi-arid. This means that once you move to San Diego, you get to forget about those humid hot summer days, and you need to get used to dry summers. However, this should not be a problem, as the temperatures are not that high – the average highest temperature is between 26 °C and 31 °C. Winters are normally mild and snowfalls are extremely rare. The temperature during winter usually does not drop below 6 °C. Get ready to enjoy the city’s well-known mild climate all year round.
What to do in San Diego, California
- There are a plethora of wonderful places that you’ll enjoy visiting in San Diego and you should not restrain from just wandering the streets and exploring the city, but you can also check some of the must-visit places before you move there, so that you have some ideas for where to go first. Take a look at our list of top-five places to visit in San Diego, California.
We are sure you can’t wait to move to San Diego and enjoy everything this magnificent city has to offer. Don’t waste your time, but call East Coast West Coast Express as soon as possible and let our Boston movers make your dream come true.