If you’ve always wanted to move, don’t postpone it anymore and make your dream come true. Leave your hometown and start a new chapter in your life in some other destination in the U.S. However, moving to another place is a big step, especially if you plan to take your car with you. Are you familiar with the car shipping procedure? The guide below will give you some helpful information on what you need to know to organize your state-to-state vehicle transport in the best possible way.
Choose a shipping company
To transport your car to another state is a complicated procedure and the best you to manage it is to let professionals organize everything.You can’t possible transport a vehicle to another state all by yourself unless you drive it. And because you’ve already decided not to drive across the country but to use another mode of transport to reach your new home, then it’s time to choose the right moving company for you. East Coast West Coast Express ships all kinds of vehicles, regardless of their shape, size, price, or weight. From scooters to trucks, if you need it shipped, we can do it. Our auto carriers make regular routes through all major cities in the United States, so you can rest assured that your car will be shipped in no time.
Book your shipping date
If you decided to ship your vehicle with a professional auto transport service provider, such as East Coast West Coast Express is, now it’s time to book a date. Be sure that you schedule two weeks earlier to get delivery dates you want and to avoid an extra fee if you need emergency shipment. Then, you will be given a pickup and delivery date.
Prepare your car
Your efforts to find a quality moving company is the big task, but your role is not over yet. You are required to prepare your vehicle for shipping before the pickup date. You will be provided with a list of things you need to do before the transportation, and these will include next things:
– The vehicle must be empty. All personal items have to be removed from your car, check compartments such as glove box, console, CD stacker, boot, etc.
– The fuel tank is approximately 1/4 full.
– Be sure to give your keys to the driver.
– Any non-factory fitted alarm system must be disabled or deactivated. You must have provided written instructions for the alarm system and the necessary keys for its use.
Choose the right option for your car
An important part of the moving process is to decide what kind of transport service is the best for your vehicle. You can choose among the following services to see which one suits you best:
- Open or enclosed carrier- Open transport is an attractive and inexpensive auto transport option, but your car will be in the open during the carriage and will be exposed to the outdoor elements. If you own some exotic vehicle think about a different kind of transport, such as enclosed auto transport. By choosing enclosed one, the vehicle you own will be shipped in a completely covered space.
- The door-to-door or terminal-to-terminal service – With door-to-door service, you can avoid driving your vehicle to a designated drop-off location or picking it up at a terminal in another city. When moving your family across the country, the last thing you need is another task on your to-do your list! Terminal-to-terminal transport is a cheaper option that is convenient for those of you don’t have a problem dropping it off and getting it at the terminals.
If you’re ready to relocate, no matter how far it is, hire East Coast West Coast Express. We will get your car to your destination safely, and by shipping it instead of driving it, will keep your car in the best shape. So pack a suitcase, sit back, and enjoy your flight. Your car will be there you when you arrive to your new house.