- So, you’ve come to the point when you want to take a huge step in your life and change your place of residence. Are you thinking about moving to Portland, Oregon? We assume it didn’t take you too long to decide to move to Portland, as this city is well-developed and it has a lot to offer to its residents. However, moving to another state can be quite complicated and we understand that you might be even scared to get your relocation process started. But, you should know that with the right professional assistance, it can actually be completed stress-free. When you choose East Coast West Coast Express to take care of your relocation, you don’t have to worry about poor moving service or eye-watering prices which make you not want to move at all. What our long distance moving company provides you with is the opportunity to use a variety of top-notch moving services at more than affordable prices. Sounds great, don’t you think? Some of the services we provide you with include the following: residential moving, auto transport, storage service, corporate moving, storage services etc.
Moving from or to Portland, Oregon with East Coast West Coast Express
- If packing boxes for moving is something you just hate doing, the good news is – you don’t have to. Our professional movers can pack all your belongings so that you do not have to move a single item if that’s what you need. We provide you with various packing materials which are used to protect whatever you want to take with you – we can pack your expensive fragile glassware, electronic gadgets, heavy items, such as wardrobes, king sized beds, etc. All you need to do is give us a ring and tell us what exactly you want us to do and we’ll be ready to get down to business as soon as you want us to.
- In case something unpredictable comes up and you are not able to move into your new house when planned, you don’t have to panic – that’s why we offer storage service, which is free of charge for the first thirty days. Our units are designed in such a way that all your items (even the ones which require special conditions) will be safe. We can store whatever we accepted to transport, so you can relax and leave everything in our storage units as long as it takes you to solve the issue that slowed down your relocation.
- Now that you don’t have to worry about the relocation process itself (we are here to handle that), you can read on to learn something about the city you are about to move to – Portland, Oregon.
About Portland, Oregon
- Located around 60 miles east of the Pacific Ocean, Portland is an important port city in the United States. It is also the largest city in the U.S. state of Oregon. It counts 632,309 residents, 76.1 percent of which are white, 7.1% are Asian, while African Americans account for only 6.3%. While most cities are named after their founders, it is interesting to note that Portland was actually named after another city, so it is not to be confused with Portland in the state of Maine.
- One thing that makes your decision to move to Portland, Oregon the right choice is the fact that the city is well-developed, especially when it comes to the technology industry. Technology industry started developing rapidly in the 1990s, when numerous important companies, such as Intel, were established in the city. Other important companies (not just technology industry companies) based in Portland include the following:
- - Air Oregon
- - Alpha Media
- - Bettery Inc
- - Cambia Health Solutions
- For a longer list, click here.
- If you want to read more about the city’s economy, follow this link.
The Climate of Portland, Oregon
- Once they decide where they want to move, people usually want to know what the climate of the city is like. When it comes to Portland, there are no extreme weather conditions that you need to be aware of before moving there. Summers are normally warm to hot and dry, while winters are only cool, so you shouldn’t worry about too low temperatures that are difficult to put up with.
Where to live in Portland, Oregon
- One more thing that you should explore before moving to any city is which part of that city will probably be the best for you. Take a look at the following list of only several neighborhoods that you may consider living in:
- - Rose City Park
- - Mount Tabor
- - Laurelhurst
- - Hawthorne District
- - Irvington
- You now know a little bit more about Portland, though these are only some basic pieces of information that should help you before you actually move there, but once you start living in this wonderful city, we are sure you will enjoy exploring all the beauties and opportunities it has to offer. Don’t waste your time, call East Coast West Coast Express as soon as possible and let us help you with your relocation.