Did you know that one of the most stressful events in life is relocating your home or company? Whether you are moving interstate, locally, or if you have to prepare for a long-distance move, it is still stressful without any plan or tips that can help you. We all know that prepping your stuff for a move is difficult, but it is essential to have the right supplies. That’s why packing paper for moving is the number one thing that you should have.
What Is Wrapping Paper and What Is It Used For?
Newsprint is a clean, unmarked paper that is ideal for preparing your things for shipping to another location. It is used worldwide as the best tool for your item to survive the next move. The best thing about this kind of supply is that it is cheap and comes in sheets of various sizes, such as 24 to 28 inches wide or 30 to 36 inches long, so that you can find the best size for you. Paper for packing dishes is the best solution for the safety of your items.
How to Properly Use Packing Paper for Moving When Relocating Different Items in Your Home?
One of the most important things to do before moving is preparing all your belongings for a move, so let’s take a look at some tips:
- When preparing your dishes, such as plates, bowls, etc., for shipping, it is imperative to wrap items individually. After you wrap them with packing tissue paper or newsprint (and don’t be stingy because they must be protected from all sides equally), you should put them in a strong box vertically.
- When packaging fragile items, you should incorporate paper as a reinforcement for the box and layer the bottom to get the extra support necessary for these situations.
- The other significant usage of the newsprint is that you can crumple the rest to fill the voids in boxes so that the things inside them stay undamaged.
Where to Buy Packing Paper for Moving?
One of the main advantages is that you will not spend a lot of money (it’s cheap but effective) when you need it. But the ongoing question that is raised is where to get packing paper? Here’s the deal:
- The first thing to do is check if you can find some of the supplies free.
- The second is to look for cheap moving supplies that you need online. Today, companies offer various possibilities to choose from, including reasonable prices for products and shipping the product to you.
- The third option is to go to your local bookstore or store which sells this kind of product and get everything you need in one place.
- But the last and the best option is to hire professional cross country movers or long distance movers with many moving services, such as packing or shipping. They also offer storage units as well as moving insurance for your stuff that can make the day of your move relaxed. One of the best services they provide is preparing your belongings for the move, so you can be less stressed and let the reliable long-distance movers do the work.
Where Can You Get Free Packing Paper?
Although it sounds impossible, there are a few ways you can get the supplies you need for free. Try asking friends and family who have recently moved if they have some left, for these sheets are reusable. What is also very important is that they can be recycled. If that doesn’t help, there are some great online solutions such as:
- Freecycle, a non-profit movement that encourages people to join online groups where they exchange all sorts of stuff for free;
- Craigslist, which has a free stuff section that can help you save money.
Check out the video below to see excellent tips that will help you organize your supplies and get everything in time while saving money.
How Many Sheets Are Enough?
There are many different answers to this question, but we all agree that it is better to buy a bit more than to run to get some more supplies at the last minute. Usually, the recommendation is to buy one pound for the cubic foot of your boxes. That should give you enough material to wrap everything up and use the spares for cushioning. It is crucial to remember to give some more time and attention to glassware and fragile items in your home.
What Are the Alternatives for Supplies That Help You Prepare For a Move?
If you have no time left and can’t find any of the products you need, there are solutions to your problem. You can use various things to pack your stuff: Old newspapers, old clothes, sheets and blankets, scarves, pillows even the towels can replace the supplies you need and protect your stuff.
What Other Products Do We Need While Preparing For The Move by Ourselves?
Although we have our sheets, we still might need some more supplies to make the best of a difficult task, such as preparing for a move. The best way to be sure you have everything you need is to try to remember all the moving essentials, and we are here to help:
Boxes Are Essential
Boxes come in different shapes and sizes, and they are not expensive. For most things, you should be able to reuse old boxes, such as the ones found in grocery stores. However, if you’re handling breakables, bottles, wine glasses, and the like, we highly suggest getting specialized cartons.
Bubble Wrap is Excellent for Fragile Items
Bubble wrap is cheap and easy to find, and it can be the difference between a successful relocation and a chaotic one. It protects objects from dents, scratches, and even static. There are different kinds of bubbles to choose from, so do your research to learn which one you need.
Packing Peanuts Give More Security
The main purpose of foam peanuts is to keep the contents of a box in place. In other words, once everything is packed, use the peanuts to fill in any empty spaces in the carton before sealing it. One word of advice: foam peanuts don’t react well to moisture, so only put them in completely dry boxes.
Having high-quality tape could make or break your relocation. It is not only useful for sealing boxes, but also for reinforcing their bottoms, as well as for keeping wrapping materials in place.
Markers Will Keep You Organized
Use water-resistant markers to write the content on the boxes and make your unpacking much more comfortable. Labeling boxes properly is one of the main steps to getting organized to move, so make sure you don’t skip it. Simply follow your household inventory list and make sure the contents that are written on the box match it.
Ready to Move Cross Country?
So with all this written, it is much easier to be prepared. Still, in our opinion, the best option is to hire professional long-distance movers to choose what service is best for you and to let the professionals do the preparation, heavy lifting, and transporting your items to a wanted destination. So be smart, lower your moving stress, and make the transition to your new home a positive experience that you will not forget.